Today we officially get back into Spring! Woohoo! The best time of the year! Here are six quick things you can do this weekend to get ready for Spring.
READY FOR SPRING!
Who else has been undeniably happier today? I woke up this morning so excited for the start of Spring and September which is my favourite month of the year. Why? There are a few reasons. It being the month flowers come out and the sun shines that little bit more are just the start.
There may also be some residual bias from my childhood of excitement that September is my Birthday month.
I realised that over the past few weeks I hadn’t shared a lot of ‘fashion’ content around here, which is mostly due to my being SO OVER Winter. (You may have noticed from the subject of my last post!) Besides that, rather than creating new stories I have been spending time going back over my archives to update and fix up some of my stories. Reason being that I think some of the older posts are actually pretty cool (if I do say so myself) and I think that they are still relevant. So, if you notice me share some of the older content a little more, that is why. I wouldn’t want you to miss anything. :)
Now though, it is time to throw off the Winter warmers and get yourselves ready for Spring!
6 QUICK STEPS TO GET READY FOR SPRING
I am just excited for the new season! To get all ready and start fresh I like to get on top of a few key things. The first things I am doing at the beginning of Spring are:
- The wardrobe reshuffle! The heaviest of coats are packed away, while the denim shorts and other dresses are shuffled to the easiest spot to reach in my wardrobe. Hello bare leg days!
- Just on that subject, it is time to scrub down and apply faux tan. No one wants to be blinded by the pale leg light.
- I have just done this already, but clear out any old cosmetics that have expired. Out with the old!
- Brush down and repair any shoes that need fixing. Now is as good a time as any to give your shoes some loving.
- Inventory! The fun part! Go over all of your clothes and accessories and see if there are any essentials missing. I love making a cheeky shopping list and stocking up on a couple of new season pieces.
- Finally, get pinning onto Pinterest some inspiration for your new season styling, suss out if there are trend updates you can add to your looks for a refresh (without going overboard).
Now, what do you guys do to get ready for Spring? I thought this day would never come since Winter felt like it lasted FOREVER, am I alone in this excitement? Surely not! If you have a Spring plan or ritual, please tell us! And prepare to see me in these One Teaspoon shorts everyday until next April. Wish I were kidding.