Sometimes simple is the best way. Still in love with slip dresses and low-fuss styles.
While I have made my case known already for just how much I love the understated 90s inspired slip dress, I wanted to re-share.
BECAUSE I AM OBSESSED!
Minimal and chic, a slip dress is the essential staple dress to add to your wardrobe. The best part is that they can so easily be layered and accessorised to create a host of different looks.
Let me put it another way. One slip dress investment can equate to a heap of different outfits.
REALLY, SLIP DRESSES ARE THE DRESS THAT KEEPS ON GIVING
Wear it over long or short sleeved tees (opt for a statement sleeve). Throw over a longline cardigan, a blazer, or basically any jacket of choice. Layer up with a heap of jewellery or pick a single statement. Pair with a silk scarf- tied around the neck or to hide messy hair in a low bun. You get the picture, right?
To toughen up a slip dress, I opt for leather ankle boots and or a leather biker jacket. To keep it all super casual and fresh, let me just say that slip dresses love sneakers.
Looking into my dress wardrobe, I now have a lot of my slip dress bases covered.
- There is the dusty pink linen slip dress (last seen on the beaches of Langkawi here), ready for hot summer days.
- One of my most loved is this stunning silk red longline slip dress which I have worn again and again (it even made the perfect Christmas day dress!).
- There is the little black slip dress (again in silk and perfect with an ankle boot!).
- The vintage Moschino slip dress that comes complete with chain straps
- A white lace slip dress which I haven’t really gotten around to shooting except for under long tees.
- Now a square neck silk slip dress that I am in love with! (Worn here).
My final word? Keep it casual, chic and grounded. Slip dresses should fall flatteringly, not reveal bumps you would rather not share. Don’t try too hard, this is a look that begs to be relaxed and comfortable. I tend to leave heavy makeup well alone and opt for a little. That whole trying-not-trying nude makeup look is a friend to the humble slip.
< SHOP THE LOOK>
WEARING: GINIA RTW SILK SLIP DRESS, ADIDAS STAN SMITHS (ALSO DREAMING OF THESE!), NAJO HOOP EARRINGS, ROSEFIELD WATCH
PHOTOGRAPHED BY: MARIO RECCHIA
Don’t forget to sign up to our Newsletter to get extra bits and pieces in your inbox. :)