Think pink! When shopping for a new handbag. Why the coolest new bag is not a neutral.
While I am in general a neutrals girl, who will add limited print and the occasional pop of colour, I could not go past an injection of pink. Classic Australian accessories brand Oroton have had a re-design of late, with some hit it bags coming out each season. This one I had my eye on for a few months, the classic chain, multi compartment beauty stayed on my mind.
Happily for me, I found it staring at me as I was out trying to find an appropriate pair of shoes to wear to a wedding weeks ago. While I never did find the shoes, the bag was sitting pretty at 50% off so I snapped it up. Although the classic tan sat next to it, being a beautiful and practical option, the pink just made me feel so vibrant, I knew I was onto a winner.
What I soon discovered was that the pink bag is a sartorial winner.
FIVE REASONS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER A PINK BAG
- It just lifts an everyday casual look and adds an element of whimsy and fun.
- I’ve paired it with blue denims, neutrals, more pink, metallics and even a little bit of red. Over the coming months you will see this one again and again.
- The pink is eye-catching, so it makes for a natural conversation starter.
- The statement accessory can take the focus from your shoes, so you can wear a comfortable and simple pair, or, alternatively you can pair it with statement shoes and let your accessories be the main focus. Perfect for a simple jeans and white tee look.
- Pink is arguably the colour of the year, I don’t know how it lost to green!