One of my favourite trends at the moment is the gingham print. Why you need a gingham skirt to update your look!
THE GINGHAM SKIRT
Gingham has been infiltrating the collections of the runways for some time now. A bunch of US based designers sent gingham in black, pink, blue and red down the runways in 2015. For me it wasn’t until I fell for the JW Anderson ruffled gingham skirt that I wanted to track it down. I was SO sad to miss out on one, coveting it for the better part of a year, so when I saw this similar version in Topshop I decided to grab one.
This version is very wearable and goes with basically everything. Though I am yet to bring out some of my gingham dresses from back in the day, I am loving this print.
5 REASONS YOU NEED SOME GINGHAM:
- Wearing this skirt is a whole lot of fun! As you may soon notice it made me want to wear a heap of different tee’s and belt combinations like this one. Possibly I went for a size too big for me, so the belt hides the waistband, but I like it!
- It is super eye catching! Perfect for a little extra something to bring to an otherwise minimal look. And it is less than $100!
- You can dress it down and make it a lot more street-wear inspired with a pair of sneakers, a denim jacket or a sweater. Or dress it up with a cami, layer it with a turtle neck and coat… I am going to be wearing this one a lot!
- Team it with ankle boots and a vintage rock and roll tee and you are fashion week ready! I love the ruffle detail.
- It works for night or day!
SHOP THE SKIRT HERE:
This one I have on is via Topshop, at $80.00.
THE LAST WORD
While this is a mini-trend that has been happening for a while, I am keen to drag out some old gingham and even herringbone printed pieces for Autumn/ Winter to share with you. I did also see a heap of stunning gingham tops, shorts and mini skirts while I was on the hunt, so I have linked the best above.