How to style a black leather mini skirt.
One of my favourite things to invest in is leather pieces which form a never outdated foundation in your wardrobe. I have long shorts, short shorts, skinny leg pants, wide leg pants, midi length pencil skirts, mini skirts, moto jackets, vests, little black dresses and a whole lot of sandals and boots in black leather. I wear them all the time.
I can put a leather piece with a simple t-shirt, a silk or cotton button down, a cami or a knit jumper in any colour and the look comes out as modern yet classic. The best news is that some of my leather pieces were hunted down at an op-shop or from vintage stores. Of course, I have some designer pieces in there too, but my point is that as long as you look for quality leather and a good cut, you can spend as little or as much as you like. Trust me though, they are worth the investment as they do not date in a hurry.
The key for styling a black leather mini skirt is to start with a GOOD leather not a vinyl or pleather that doesn’t have texture or perhaps is a little shiny. Another tip is to make sure it is not too tight or too short- the rules of chic and taste are always key.
- Opt for an ankle boot or sneaker (something simple like Converse) and stay away from platform heels
- Keep the top simple and don’t wear a super revealing low cut or clingy top. T-shirts, cami tops and button down shirts are perfect options
- Pair with a knit in winter- these you can either tuck at the front or wear untucked
- Make sure you moisturise your legs- the attention will be drawn to them
- Team with a long line blazer, denim jacket, trench coat or long cardigan and avoid a leather jacket